How to Hire Thomas Smith
Hi, my name is Thomas Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org). I’m a content professional, founder and CEO with 10+ years of experience. I’m also a top writer here on Medium, with 400+ stories and more than 13 million content views.
My work has been featured in the New York Times, CNN, the Wall Street Journal, and many other places. I’m also a professional photographer, and my photos routinely appear in publications like Inc, Fortune, Forbes, Entrepreneur, and more. I run a YouTube channel that gets 2.2 million views per year.
As a freelancer and consultant, I help world-leading organizations, startups, and small businesses create and leverage digital content to achieve their business and social goals. I also work with individuals and creators as a content and photographic coach.
I have specific expertise in technology, cryptocurrency, green tech, consumer electronics, and finance content. The New York Times called me a “veteran programmer,” and my programming background makes me an ideal technical writer.
You can hire me as a freelancer or consultant for all your content creation, article writing, and content coaching needs. Email me with freelancing inquiries at email@example.com or keep reading to learn more!
What Can I Hire You For?
As a writer with 10+ years of experience and deep knowledge of article writing, content marketing and SEO, I’m available for a wide range of engagement types.
Here are a few specific services I’ve provided to clients before:
- Article writing, either under my own byline or ghostwritten
- Blog content writing
- Technical writing; translating information from technical staff into marketing materials/documentation for non-techies
- Content consulting
- Content marketing and website content development
- Coaching for content developers and creators
- Photography coaching
- Business development for your content-centered company
- YouTube and Amazon Live consulting
- Creating sponsored videos about your product for my YouTube or Amazon Live channels
What Is Your Background?
I have over a decade of experience as a founder, CEO, consultant, and content professional. I’ve served clients including the Maryland State Arts Council, Johns Hopkins University, and a wide variety of private clients. I’ve also developed strategic partnerships with organizations including Getty Images, Alamy, Duke University, University of New Hampshire and many more.
I hold a degree in Cognitive Science and Cultural Anthropology from Johns Hopkins University.
How do You Charge?
I charge per-word for article and blog content writing. I charge hourly for most other engagements.
I accept Venmo, Zelle, or checks.
Can I See Some Work/Writing Samples?
I encourage you to read through my whole catalog of Medium articles! Here are a few of which I’m most proud:
- A Supercomputer Analyzed Covid-19 — and an Interesting New Theory Has Emerged
- Experimenting With GPT-3 Felt Like Witnessing a Technological Revolution
- I’ll Never Leave Silicon Valley
- Boichik Bagels Owner Responds to the New York Times Declaring Her Bagels the Best in Country
These are more tactical/SEO optimized, but still quite successful:
- Build a Modern Crypto Mining Computer in 2021
- 10 Places to Sell Your Stock Photography and Videos Today
Here are a few examples of my writing for a technical audience:
- I Beta Tested OpenAI’s Codex, and the Results Are Spooky Good
- Colorizing Images with a Convolutional Neural Network
How Can I Hire You or Reach Out To Learn More?
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I’d love to chat and learn more about your needs!